Here at The New Parent Company we are on a mission to ensure all birthers are fully informed and supported in their decisions through pregnancy and birth and support you to navigate the maternity system.
Join us on fully interactive, informative, and even mind blowing 5 weeks of antenatal education tailored to birthers and their birth partner too.
Courses in person in NW10 and privately throughout London, or via Zoom.
Lesson 1 - Birth science
The day has come! What to do? What will happen?
- Current mindset
- The Uterus
- The Science
- Fear-Pain-Tension Cycle
- Introduction to Hypnobirthing techniques - breathing, anchoring, visualisation, MP3s
Lesson 2 - Plans, Rights & Everything Else
Helping you understand your choices and to make informed decisions about your body.
- Language, Birth Rights & Risk
- Birth Plans - all 3
- BRAIN Tool
- Where to have your baby
- The Birth Partners Role
- Birth Environment
- The Birth Bag
- Perineal Massage
Lesson 3 - The Labour
Helping you to stay calm, relaxed and in control during labour.
- Braxton Hicks
- Early Labour
- Positioning in Birth
- When to go to Hospital
- Active Labour
- Slow or Stopped Labour
- Decision Making
- Second Stage
- Cord Clamping
- Birthing the Placenta
Lesson 4 - Looking after you
The baby is not the only one that needs looking after.
- If Plans Change
- Caesarean Births
- The Golden Hour
- Skin to Skin
- Postnatal You
Lesson 5 - The 4th Trimester
You've passed the test, now it's time to learn to drive. Welcome to the world of being a New Parent.
- Recap & questions on everything so far!
- Womb to World
- The Fourth Trimester
- Newborn Care
- Practical Skills
Extra greatness for you to add to your knowledge bank.
- 4 Baby Massage lessons (pre-recorded)
- 4 Baby Yoga lesson (pre-recorded)
- 4 Baby / Childrens reflexology lessons (pre-recorded)
- Hypnobirthing hand book & Goodies
- Aromatherapy Roller ball from Take Five Aromatherapy
- Recordings of the sessions incase you miss any or to recap what you have
- Mp3s to listen to for your birth prep and beyond
- Access to our pregnancy hub full of handy tips & evidence based research
- Access to The Birth Uprising Digital Pack
- Mindful Breastfeeding video
- Starting Solids Video
Why did nobody ever tell me this!?
No new parent should be asking this!
Antenatal education in the UK isn't as good as it should be and we are here to change this.
Become empowered so you can make the right choices for you.
Let's break down taboos, give you the answers to those embarassing questions and introduce you to things you never knew existed about the human body. For example:
- Giving birth is not the same as you see on TV
- Your birthing team will not care if your toe nails are painted or if you’ve had a wax
- You will probably poo yourself during birth, It means you are pushing properly
- 2cm dilated doesn’t sound like much, but your uterus has done a lot of work so far
- Meconium is a very sticky messy thing
- The baby's belly button is very long to begin with
- You have birth rights and it's ok to exercise them. Hospital staff aren't always right
- You may not feel an instant rush of love for your new baby, relationships take time to build
Transition into great parents
It is not just about the birth.
As well as ensuring you are fully clued up about birth, we want to prepare you for walking out those hospital doors with a new life to look after.
Family, friends, blogs and classic books all give you plenty of information - but how do you know what is actually useful, what should be discounted and most importantly what is best for you?
That's where we step in - We are here to give you options, not opinions.
Find a class
We are currently offering In person and online courses.
Courses are 4 week and each class is 2 hours.
A booking allows birthing parent and baby(s) plus 1 partner to attend.