Antenatal should be about you and your partner.
It's time to turn the focus onto the birthing parent and their supporting partner. Get a better understanding of what the birthing parent's body is going through during this new experience.
You need to know HOW your body works during birth so you can get a better understanding of WHY it is doing that.
Lesson 1 - Birth science
The day has come! What to do? What will happen?
Covering the birthing body (it’s pretty magical), the stages of labour, birth plans, pain relief, birth options and birth rights.
Lesson 2 - Birth Prep
Helping you to stay calm, relaxed and in control during labour.
Covering your birth environment, the birth partners role, birth positions, home birth, hospital birth and birth centres.
Lesson 3 - Baby Care
Your very own baby manual, to refer back to for when things start to get a little fuzzy.
Covering nappies and their contents, bathing, playing, skin care and routines.
Lesson 4 - Feeding
This is not just feeding. This is The New Parent Company feeding.
Covering breast feeding, bottle feeding, combination feeding and expressing. Oh, not to forget your nutrition too.
Why did nobody ever tell me this!?
No new parent should be asking this!
Antenatal education in the UK isn't as good as it should be and we are here to change this.
Become empowered so you can make the right choices for you.
Let's break down taboos, give you the answers to those embarassing questions and introduce you to things you never knew existed about the human body. For example:
- Giving birth is not the same as you see on TV
- Your birthing team will not care if your toe nails are painted or if you’ve had a wax
- You will probably poo yourself during birth, It means you are pushing properly
- 2cm dilated doesn’t sound like much, but your uterus has done a lot of work so far
- Meconium is a very sticky messy thing
- The baby's belly button is very long to begin with
- You have birth rights and it's ok to exercise them. Hospital staff aren't always right
- You may not feel an instant rush of love for your new baby, relationships take time to build
Transition into great parents
It is not just about the birth.
As well as ensuring you are fully clued up about birth, we want to prepare you for walking out those hospital doors with a new life to look after.
Family, friends, blogs and classic books all give you plenty of information - but how do you know what is actually useful, what should be discounted and most importantly what is best for you?
That's where we step in - We are here to give you options, not opinions.
Find a class
We are currently offering In person and online courses.
Courses are 4 week and each class is 2 hours.
A booking allows birthing parent and baby(s) plus 1 partner to attend.