Who are we?
Since becoming a mother in 2016, I have recognised a gap in postnatal support and education for new parents.
I found the whole motherhood experience isolating and I had no one to talk to about my experiences, worries and concerns. Which is why The New Parent Company has been established!
Even as someone who was 'prepared' for having a baby (after a long career in early years) I struggled to understand my new self, my hormones and how to navigate a world where 100% of my time, body and mind was given to another human. I often felt that I had no support.
The New Parent Company is there to be that support.
By providing, expert advice in all aspects of baby and parent care time and a safe space, we hope to become the village of support that you need.
I started my career in 2000 when I attended my local college and completed a Diploma in Early Years. Since then, I have continued to learn, grow and develop in all aspects of my career within the early years sector.
The main focus of my 20 year career has been working one to one with families as a nanny, newborn care specialist and play therapist.
These include roles looking after;
- Multiples - 3 sets of twins and 1 set of triplets
- Premature babies
- Children with allergies and medical conditions
- Children with special educational needs, including training specialising in ABA, Son Rise and HANDLE therapy (Holistic Approach to Neurological
- Development and Learning Efficiency)
- Gifted and talented children
In 2014 I started educating other professionals in all aspects of early years care. I have written and had accredited by the Open College Network courses in:
- Newborn and Postnatal Care
- Early Years Education
- Understanding Sleep in Babies
- Teaching Children How to Read
- Effective Communication and Parent Partnership
- I have also adapted the CACHE Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification to be a hands-on practical education for nursery practitioners.